Sunday, February 1, 2015

Creative infusions at beer fest: donuts, s'mores...


This year, I had a strategy for the Queen City Brewers Festival at Bojangles. I'm training for an obstacle course race. My goal Saturday was to only sample beers I thought I would like or beers that would be good beers for non-beer drinkers. The festival was geared toward straight-up beer drinkers. No sippy-cup beers were on tap.

There were plenty of wonderful beers. Apparently, I missed the popular Natty Greene's raspberry breakfast, coffee-infused stout, paired with a raspberry glazed donut with a chocolate ganache drizzle by Your Mom's Donuts in Matthews. Uggh!!! (Or maybe not uggh since I'm training.)

A variety of stouts and ryes were en vogue this year, but the biggest trend seemed to be infusing beer with everything from marshmallows to pineapple to coffee beans using a Randall or Custom Home Pub-style - a water infuser. Also, see my Twitter feed. There was a beer inspired by a gospel album.

 



Holla: sipandplayclt@gmail.com

0 comments: