Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Weekend Recap: More than beer on tap at festival (Video)

The Queen City Brewer's Festival is quickly becoming one of my favorite beer festivals. With a city that easily boasts a dozen beer festivals each year, this one stands out for focusing on breweries in the Charlotte region.

I was initially apprehensive about this year's venue change to the Fillmore. I didn't think the space would be large enough to accommodate the event. It turned out okay. I never waited in line for a sample. The one drawback was that the art vendors were in a tent outside on the backside of the venue. There wasn't much traffic out there so I'm not sure if the location was a good look for them.

Two things I discovered at the event QTavern has delicious BBQ. BrewPublik delivers craft beer to my door step

Now to the fun:

Best looking growler and set up: Sugar Creek 




My new fave snack: Sycamore's The Salty Coconut Red Ale


Yummy!: High Branch's Yucatan Stout





Cookie in a pint glass: Bayne's Vanilla Oatmeal Raisin Porter


Best beer I can't pronounce: Three Spirits's King Rassafassa (Belgian saison)


My fave Scotch ale: Castle Stormer Scotch Ale







Cheese and fruit, arepas and burritos - this isn't your typical beer festival food. QTavern, Sabor, Craft and Three Amigos provided free samples at the festival.


Holla: sipandplayclt@gmail.com

0 comments: