Friday, November 21, 2014

Jet propulsion beer pong, moonshine and train rides for the kiddies

For the last two weeks, I've been excitedly telling my friends about the Moonshine Festival. I can't wait to see what the different distilleries have to offer, but now Discovery Place caught my eye. I get to wear a costume! Read why below.

Follow me live tonight when I start my evening at Discovery Place. I've already picked out my outfit.

Friday

Adult Fun At A Science Museum - Jet propulsion beer pong! I'm trying to imagine what this is going to be like. I hope I get to wear a jet propulsion pack while drinking a beer and playing beer pong. If not, I'll just enjoy craft brews, Steampunk performers, more science games and a bartending competition at Science on The Rocks: Gears & Beers.  Costumes are encouraged. 5 p.m. Discovery Place, 301 North Tryon St. $8-$10.

 According to Discovery Place, "Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction that combines art and fashion from the Victorian era, the American Wild West and a post-apocalyptic future. Corsets and bustles are popular for women. Men often wear top hats, vests and jackets. Pocket watches, gears and goggles are popular for everyone." 




For The Family - The weather outside is frightful. So, bundle up for Piedmont Town Center Tree Lighting Celebration. Train rides for children, hot chocolate and lots of family fun.  6 p.m. Piedmont Town Center.  More family holiday events on the Observer's mommy blog.












Red Light District - Don't let the name fool you. Sweet Spot isn't a dessert event. At least not that kind of dessert. The Sweet Spot Charlotte: Red Light Special  is a pop erotica show featuring burlesque and live body painting. 9 p.m. The Chop Shop NoDa, 399 E 35th St. $20.





....And don't forget



 Not Your Uncle's Moonshine - I've tried a few legal moonshines, and I haven't been impressed yet. Hopefully, that will change at the first Moonshine Festival. The event will feature samplings from several distilleries, including Broadslab, Piedmont and Sazerac. 6 p.m. Rooftop 210 Pavilion At EpiCentre.






Love Songs - R&B singer Kem brings his Promise To Love Tour to Ovens Auditorium. He performs songs off his newest album, "Promise To Love." 8 pm. Ovens Auditorium, 2700 E Independence Blvd. $37.50 - $85.81.






Don't be shy: Tonya Jameson, sipandplayclt@gmail.com





0 comments: